Search This Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

End of My Second Week

This week has felt more like my first real week in Oradea. My 'real' first week just sort of slammed into me, it took me awhile to catch my breath. But I am now breathing again, and starting to find my nook in this strange place. I've never stayed in someone else's home for such a long time and the adjustment has been interesting. I gotta to say though, I'm getting thoroughly attached to Kathy and the girls (especially the girls) and it's going to be rough to leave. The tram and I have come to a agreement: I accept whatever happens and it doesn't give me an absurd amount of grief (today, the only calamity was that I couldn't get the door to open and had to race to reach the next car... while all the other passengers smirked at the ignorant foreigner :P).

Istvan's cough is getting worse. All the other babies had to be moved to a different room for fear they would catch whatever he had. The doctors started him on a new treatment today, and hopefully we will starting seeing results. But for now, the poor thing just wheezes with every breath and eating is really tough. The only thing that seems to help his cough is when he's held upright. (That makes me and him happy, because now I hold him from the moment I get there until the moment I leave.) Anytime he gets upset, or moves around to much, it starts a coughing fit and leaves him absolutely exhausted. Even in his sleep he coughs, sometimes so hard that he wakes himself up.

I spoke with a neighbor who told me some amazing stories from when the country was under communism. I'll see if I can't right some of them down tomorrow.

P.S. I made an album on facebook! :D It was quite a process because Kathy's computer only allows me to use the slow upload... which means five, individually chosen pictures at a time. *sigh* But they're up now. :)

1 comment:

  1. Dear Kelsy,
    I have been following your blog avidly and have been praying for you and Istvan. It sounds a little like he has wooping cough (which you have been vaccinated for I'm sure) and which can be helped by appropriate antibotics but the healing time takes at least 6 weeks. Your cuddles are probably one of the key ingredients to him becoming well.
    Love in Christ Jesus,
    Mother Anna.

    ReplyDelete