Search This Blog

Monday, April 12, 2010

Arrival

Well, here I am. All in one piece with my luggage in tact. I had a few interesting moments (arriving cross legged in Amsterdam after not being able to use the bathroom on the nine hour flight from Vancouver) and met some really neat people. The service on KLM was phenomenal. Two full meals plus various snack foods and not just the skimpy cups of beverages, but full cans and bottles. All the movies, tv shows, and music was complementary as well. I arrived in the Budapest airport, gathered my bags, and headed out to meet Kathy. We recognized each other right away and let me say she is a wonderful lady. We gabbed away on the drive to Oradea and arrive at her apartment at around 11:00 pm (but for me that was only 1:00pm). Luckily, I hadn't slept on either flight, so I was more than ready to fall asleep after getting my bed set up.

This morning I met the girls, Codi (nine years old) and Andrea (seven years old). After they left for school I took a shower, which was heavenly after so much traveling the two days before. Then Kathy and I took a walk around downtown ('centru'). We visited some of the local churches and peeked into a couple of the stores. We picked up Andrea from her half day at kindergarten (which involved my first every ride on a tram) and after eating lunch, she and I played for a couple hours. I'm not sure which one of us had more fun. The we all walked around the corner to pick up Codi. I'm now writing this while the girls play with the crafts my mom sent them.
Tomorrow I will go to the hospital and meet the babies. Also on the agenda is shopping for pants. I managed to forget the completely when I was packing, so the only pair I have are the ones I arrived in. *sigh*


I think I'm going to love it here. Heck, I do already!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. Way to go, Kelsy. We'll follow your blog with great interest. If you need to communicate with us privately, just email us at our birchwind address. Love, Keith & Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! We look forward to many updates in your blog. You've come a long way, Beautiful...and I don't just mean in an airplane. I remember fondly your excitement when you got to walk for the mail unaccompanied at Birchwind. Look at you now! We'll print your comments and deliver them to Mazy. God bless you in your work, Kelsy. Aunt Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. kelsy, great to read about your experience! my first big flight alone was when i was 18; a klm to amsterdam too!

    is the kathy that you are working with, the kathy that has some connections to peter the aleut parish in calgary? if so, i remember reading about her story maybe 10 years ago-

    either way, looking forward to following your adventure. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why couldn't you use the bathroom on the plane?!?! *Were they all out of order or was there a more interesting reason? Do tell.
    And I'm glad that you'll be blogging (faithfully?).
    -Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that it is going well for you. I am also interested in the lack of right to washroom on the flight over. Do tell. Tom and I send you lots of love and prayers. Blessings, Irene

    ReplyDelete